National Cupcake Day date confusion

I'm seeing several events listed as celebrating National Cupcake Day on August 18th. Now, that's great cause every day should be a cupcake day BUT...according to American Food Holidays, which seems to be the de facto resource for these things, August 18th is National Soft Ice Cream Day, while National Chocolate Cupcake Day is October 18th, and my birthday, November 10th, is National Vanilla Cupcake Day, and the actual National Cupcake Day isn't until December 15th. Where is this rumor emanating from? Anyone? (And yes, we covered this last year, but it's apparently still causing some confusion.)

In chronological order - will the real National Cupcake Day please stand up?







Comments

Stephanie said…
Well, Happy Birthday to you. My birthday is November 10th as well.
Unknown said…
love the list! is there a foodie calendar that lists all these days--that would be super fun!
november 10th here too...and i love vanilla cupcakes...coincidence? i think not
Marj Jenkins said…
I really think Red Velvet should have it's own day too. I nominate March 12 - my birthday!
Teresa said…
The August cupcake holiday is actually Cupcake Day for the RSPCA and is celebrated by our friends down under: http://www.rspcacupcakeday.com.au.

I love your blog, by the way - all these beautiful pictures and recipes have convinced me to pick up some cupcakes on the way home! :)

- Teresa, The (Nashua) Telegraph's resident holiday connoisseur
(http://twitter.com/TeresaInPreview)
~~louise~~ said…
Just happened to stumble in while searching for the "official day" to celebrate National Cupcake Day.

Your blog is delightful! I'm so glad I popped in. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to refer to your list often and add it to my ever growing list of food holidays.

Thanks so much for sharing AND, Happy National Soft Ice Cream Day!!!
Natalia said…
Glad you posted this. I was confused about the dates too.
Anonymous said…
We celebrate BOTH! Sounds logical, right?
TheChocolatePriestess said…
I've notice that different fun holidays have many different dates. We celebrate any we can on The Chocolate Cult if we can use them to indulge in our Sacred Substance which is, of course, chocolate in any form.
Cupcake Keepsakes said…
Looks like even Martha Stewart is confused about the date. I got an email with the craft of the day and it implied it was National Cupcake day today. Oh, well. Never enough days to celebrate those little cuties, I say!