Chicago bound for our unofficial cupcake summit!



By the time you read this, I will be on a plane bound for Chicago and a weekend filled with as many cupcakes as I can cram in my mouth and some of my favorite cupcake people - a few of whom I'm meeting for the first time. One of my favorite things, if not the favorite thing, about this blog, is meeting my fellow cupcake devotees. Yes, I love cupcakes, but what keeps things fun and interesting and exciting is finding other people who are just as passionate about our favorite desserts. Sandy Ploy, aka Milwaukee Cupcake Queen of Iron Cupcake and No One Puts Cupcake in the Corner designed this graphic above and I think we all echo Natalie, who wants a poster of it for her wall!

Over the years, I've blogged about, ate cupcakes with, interviewed and generally admired all of these women, who are each doing something unique and creative and, I think, making the world a happier place via their love of cupcakes. Here's to an AMAZING weekend, ladies! And hope to see you Sunday at Molly's Cupcakes for our Meetup (there are a few spots left, email cupcakestakethecake at gmail.com to RSVP) and afterwards at Renegade Craft Fair to buy some of Jessie's Cuppie cupcake art.

Follow us on Twitter for lots of Twitpic-ing this weekend. I also have appointments with at least 7 bakeries and am doing flipcam video interviews so will be posting those when I can.

Featured along with me are:

Sheela Namakkal of Minneapolis cupcake company Miel y Leche

Natalie Slater of baking blog Bake & Destroy

Michelle Garcia, co-owner of The Bleeding Heart Bakery and Smash Cake

Jessie Oleson of Cakespy

and the aforementioned Sandy Ploy

Comments

Natalie said…
I can't wait to meet everyone! I hope Chicago weather behaves itself for you!
Cakespy said…
It was so, so, so much fun!