Cupcakes complement Fashion Crawls

On the eve of the recent NYC Fashions Night Out, DKNY came up confused and empty-handed in the cupcakes department. Cupcake Stop was offering vanilla-vanilla, vanilla-chocolate, chocolate-vanilla, and chocolate-chocolate minis as promised. Surprisingly, the highlight of the night came from my impromptu stop at Michael Kors, where I found these adorable mini cupcakes from a caterer who remains unknown.

MK cupcake

Soft billowy chocolate mousse on a rich chocolate cake, topped with a dainty flower in a very apropos autumn color. There was also a vanilla version floating around, but I was too full to move by this point.

I've determined that fashion and cupcakes go together well after all. If Lucky's Boutique Crawl is any indication, I don't seem to be alone in this assumption. Fashion events are a great setting for these delicious and dainty cupcakes to pair up on center stage with equally desirable designer pieces.


But then again, what isn't made better with a cupcake?


Cupcakes at Lucky's Boutique Crawl 2009
Get a complete map here.

WHAT: Magnolia Bakery cupcakes
WHERE: Bond No.9
WHEN: September 24 , 6-9pm
WHY? Cupcakes and Fashion go hand in hand!

Comments

Elaine Perlov said…
Yes, I can tell you first-hand, there were many cupcakes last night. I got lots of pics: http://bit.ly/4xS1QI