Inside the cupcake: all Chicago edition

I will do my best to catch up on Chicago posts this week but in the meantime, here are some cupcake photos I took during my trip, all inside the cupcake shots. I wouldn't say I prefer filled cupcakes over unfilled - I like them both - but I like when bakeries have some filled options, and certain ones work especially well with it. I also like cupcakes that don't necessarily look like they will have a surprise inside but you peel away the wrapper and there's something fun.


Inside the lemon meringue cupcake from More Cupcakes - one of my favorites there, though the key lime was I think my #1 favorite. And that's saying a lot because I also tried the...


Inside the s'mores cupcake at More Cupcakes


Inside the (I think) Veruca Salt cupcake at The Bleeding Heart Bakery - salt salt saltiness! I may be getting this one mixed up with the poached apple one, but the Veruca Salt cupcake was a highlight of my trip.


Inside the chocolate raspberry cupcake from Swirlz Cupcakes - I love how much they have going on with this one.


I actually forget which cupcake this was from Molly's Cupcakes because collectively we tried I believe 18 flavors.


Inside the infamous Ron Bennington cupcake (basically a must have for any chocolate peanut butter lover) at Molly's Cupcakes

Comments

Cakespy said…
It's as if I was there! Oh wait... :-) I didn't get to try as many cupcakes as you, but man, did I enjoy the ones I did try!