Milwaukee Cupcake Queen needs a new camera

Update: My apologies, I took down one photo that wasn't actually by Sandy.

I have never really done this before, so am not sure how to say this other than:

Sandy Ploy, aka the Milwaukee Cupcake Queen, aka, founder of Iron Cupcake, lost her camera in Chicago.

Sandy, Milwaukee Cupcake Queen

Why is this important?

Because she's a major part of the cupcake community, and she takes photos like this one:

P as in Pretty Please!

And this one:

ICChicago - June 1 - Citrus

And:

ICM:Mexican - Kaitlyn's Margarita Cupcake

And runs events like this:



And very soon we will get to read a big article all about her cupcake adventures (I only saw the photo, and it's a smokin' one!).

So I thought I would throw it out there (Sandy did NOT ask me to) that some enterprising cupcake-friendly camera company might behoove themselves to contact her about hooking her up with a new camera so we can all benefit from her amazing photos. And while I'm at it, see her RSS calendar for all the Iron Cupcakes going on around the world. Yes, world!

She can be reached at IronCupcakeMilwaukee at wi.rr.com - I will leave it at that. Sandy is my friend, which is in part why I'm posting, but she is also bringing major cupcake love and creativity and passion all over the world, not to mention was the impetus for our cupcake summit this weekend, and the woman needs a camera. Or a camera would be a wonderful Iron Cupcake prize...think about it. And for those who are not in a position to cough up a camera, you can check out her over 1,500 cupcake photos on Flickr.

Comments

Jamieanne said…
Hi Rachel, I just want to clarify that the photo of the matcha and cocoa cupcake is not a photo that Sandy took; it is MY photo and I took that photo myself - it was the winning cupcake in December's Iron Cupcake: Earth challenge!
http://www.sweetestkitchen.com/2008/12/matcha-cocoa-cupcakes/
:)
Are you going to post a blog bulletin for everyone who needs a new camera?

We lost our camera two weeks before my husband deployed to Iraq (which was Sunday, by the way).

I'd love to send him a camera while in Iraq so he can take pictures and send them home to me and our daughter. :)

Can you post a blog about that please??

Thanks!
Anonymous said…
Mmmk.
Based on all the super cool things she can do and has done and is planning on doing, im pretty sure she can afford a new camera. No offense but really? Ive loved this blog for years and kinda find asking for a camera for someone who can most likely afford 1 on her own is somewhat insulting. I think there are far more people that actually need things that CANT afford it. This isnt the platform to use.