Newest spot for Boston area cupcakes: Cake



Pam at the blog Cave Cibum took the photo below and posted about a new bakery in Lexington Center, Lexington, Massachusetts (Boston area) called Cake, which does not seem to have a website yet (though please correct me if that's wrong!). Here's part of her review: (via Hub in Heels)

My favorites were the Midnight Delight (dense fudge cake filled with sweet chocolate pastry cream topped with Ghiradelli cocoa icing), the Berries & Gold (rich gold cake filled with fresh raspberry preserves and a whipped Chambord buttercream), and the Minuteman (moist gold cake layered with strawberries, fresh from Wilson's Farm, light whipped cream and topped with vanilla buttercream). The Midnight Delight was a powerhouse of chocolate - sweet, with just enough bitterness to highlight the cocoa flavor. The cake really was dense and super chocolatey. The Chambord buttercream on the Berries & Gold may have been my favorite aspect of any of the cupcakes. And the Minuteman was just a beautifully composed strawberry shortcake - yum!

Click through to read which cupcakes she wasn't so fond of.

Comments

Chris said…
Thanks to this post, I went today and checked them out. Cake has been open about a month. They have a website (http://cakeperiod.com) which is still a work in progress. I got one each of their 10 flavors of cupcakes. The one I tasted in the car (a seasonal apple cupcake) was very tasty!
Colette said…
Great review. I did one as well.

http://coletteslovebytes.blogspot.com/2009/10/let-them-eat-cake.html

I will link yours as well.