Who knew cinnamon was such a fun flavor of cupcake?



I ordered 100 mini cupcakes from Baked by Melissa the other night for an event, and included the two new flavors, mint chocolate chip and cinnamon (cupcakes left to right: s'mores, tie dye, cinnamon, mint chocolate chip). These cupcakes always go fast (I'd estimate most people eat 3-4), but the cinnamon was a huge hit. I had enjoyed it when I tasted it last week but this time found myself again really getting into it. The mint chocolate chip is also very good but there is something about their cinnamon cupcake that got people talking.

It's filled with cinnamon (not straight powdered cinnamon, but a cinnamon-y frosting) and is just a delight. Next time I'll take a photo of the inside. I think maybe because these are sweet but not in the same way as a s'mores (which I also love) or a mint chocolate chip. It's a sortof unexpected flavor and doesn't sound as exciting as chocolate or vanilla, but it's definitely worth it and stands out from the pack. One of their best flavors in my opinion.

Comments