Cupcakes at Sweet Lady Jane

One of the Los Angeles places that was recommended to me was Sweet Lady Jane, so yesterday I went there for lunch. I can definitely recommend their turkey sandwich and chili but the cupcakes, at $4.25 each, weren't really my personal cup of tea.



My friend remarked that they reminded him of the ones at New York's Cupcake Cafe, and indeed, they were as beautiful as those, decorated with frosting, and as buttery. The frosting was thick, the cupcakes on the cold side. They also offered a red velvet cupcake but I opted for the vanilla and chocolate ones.

The chocolate was definitely better than the vanilla; both had rather thick, cold frosting. Gorgeous presentation, and if you are into a very buttery frosting, you might enjoy these. They are better, in my opinion, than Cupcake Cafe, but from what I understand, Sweet Lady Jane is more known for their cakes and pastries, which admittedly looked amazing. The cupcakes didn't do that much for me. They weren't horrible, they just weren't really my type, though the chocolate was okay, a bit less buttery, but nothing I'd go back for. More LA cupcake reviews coming soon!

Comments

Mama Vicki said…
You must try Susie Cakes and Vanilla Bakeshop-both are amazing!! Oh and Yummy Cupcakes too :)