Rockette red velvet cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery



New York Daily News food blog A Touch of Rosemary (by Rosemary Black) brings news of Magnolia Bakery's new red velvet Rockette cupcakes!

“We’ve had a year’s lead time to develop a really cool cupcake,” says Tyra Abrams, owner of Magnolia and its creative director. “Our illustrator had images of the Rockettes and came up with a new cupcake for this year.”

When you purchase one of the cupcakes, you get a 25 percent discount off the ticket price for the Christmas Show, she explains. Since the bakery is close to the theater (Magnolia is at Sixth Ave. and 49th), it’s convenient to pick up a cupcake and discount voucher at the same time. The cupcakes themselves are like all the great Magnolia baked treats: moist, fresh and gorgeous. Definitely worth the $3.50 price tag. for a little taste of the Yuletide season.


I don't have a photo because I didn't have my iPhone on me but I tried their Snickerdoodle cupcake the other day at their Rockefeller Center store (a seasonal cupcake, $3) and it was good. The cake was a cinnamon cake and it had a meringue frosting topped with I think sugar that may have been cinnamon sugar. Let's just say I'd planned to eat half because I am trying to watch my weight but I ate the whole thing! I am a big fan of their meringue frosting. The cake could have been a smidge moister, but that's okay; I liked that it was a little different than just a vanilla or chocolate cake and the pairing of the cinnamon and meringue worked really well. You can eat a whole one of those and not feel like you just ate a ton of sugar (which happens to me sometimes when I OD on cupcakes).

I think Magnolia Bakery is one of many that are bringing cupcakes to our big 5-year anniversary party December 3rd at the Roger Smith Hotel, which is already so popular there's a waiting list. (Those who are interested in bringing cupcakes, contact us at cupcakestakethecake at gmail.com - the more cupcakes, the merrier!)

Comments

Adélaïde said…
Wow those are soo cute! I wish I lived in NYC so I could have one. They're so pretty. Great blog by the way! :]