Irish Car Bomb cupcake recipe


photo by Heather Hoch

Over at the Phoenix New Times blog Chow Bella, Heather Hoch has posted the recipe for the above Irish Car Bomb cupcakes and writes:

We're not quite sure how to classify this one. It's a cupcake for chocolate lovers, bar flies, and people who generally like to eat rich. The Irish car bomb cupcake is a rich, moist Guinness chocolate cake with a flavorful whiskey chocolate ganache piped in the center and creamy Baileys frosting on top.

The cupcakes are good for any and every occasion, and an easy way into anyone's heart. (We think we have about a dozen new admirers after serving them.) This recipe may sound intimidating, and admittedly, there are a lot of steps. But if we can do it, you can too.

Comments

FunFavors said…
wow...i would love to taste that, I had my first car bomb not long ago :D wonder how it will be in cupcake version!!
Alana said…
To give credit where credit is due, this recipe is word-for-word stolen from the website Smitten Kitchen without any reference or attribution by the authors. It's a fabulous recipe and I'd definitely recommend it. I've made it before and posted it on my own blog, but I changed the wording to make it my own and clearly gave credit to the original: http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/

Without that, it's just plagiarism.
Amanda said…
OMG I bet those are AMAZING!
Holly said…
Irish car bomb? Is that a reference to the IRA car bomb of 96?

Either way, no need to call it that. How insensitive.
Jennywenny said…
Controversy aside, this is totally awesome. I found it on smitten kitchen and they were totally delicious! I didnt bother with the ganache, the cupcakes were so moist that they were fantastic with a swirl of baileys frosting!

Growing up in birmigham under the shadow of the IRA bombings, I dont really use that name either.
Lucy said…
Wow, these sound freakin amazing!
Unknown said…
Have you no idea as to how hurtful your receipe name is?????

Hundreds died as a result of the "troubles"

How would you feel if it was called the "Twin Towers" cupcake, or the "Oklahoma" cupcake?

Get a grip, America!
tara marie said…
I just thought everyone should know that recipes cannot be plagiarized.

You should really look into that sort of thing before you go attacking people.
Unknown said…
I'm LOL'ing at you folks who are all worried about hurt feelings because of the IRISH CAR BOMB name.

It's a bar drink name- Has been for a long time...GET OVER IT>