Mount Dora cupcakes delight

Recently Judy from Mount Dora Cupcakes generously sent Rachel and I the best-seller collection of cupcakes, shipped all the way from the bakery in Florida. I was surprised to see the cupcake packed in foam, Mylar, ice packs AND dry ice.









I wish I could have gotten a shot of how well they were packed. This is exceptionally important in long-distance shipping. I think they were sent 2-day air, and were delivered on time and in fine shape.



There were two tiers of cupcakes but I only got pictures of one tier. (The neighborhood kids -- and their parents -- who were with me when I received the package demolished almost all the chocolate ones.)



CupcakeDelights



Trust me, the chocolate ones were just as gorgeous.



Look how perfect they looked after their trip north:


CupcakeDelights






CupcakeDelights

Key to the cupcakes, always handy!




I did get to taste the chocolate caramel chunk and it was amazing. I so wish I had a picture of it for you. I cannot recommend this cupcake highly enough, and that's pretty unusual coming from me, a sworn chocolate-cake enemy. Mount Dora's chocolate cake is moist and not at all dry or crumbly. (It's not too rich, either, just the perfect texture and taste.) The caramel was sweet but not overly so, and there was more of the same inside this winning cupcake. (Don'tcha just love filled cupcakes?)



I tried to take a wedge out of a few different flavors...


My second-favorite cupcake, the coconut dream:


CupcakeDelights

Also a filled cupcake. Very, very coconutty and tasty. I ended up eating all of it.




My third pick, also a filled cupcake, the key lime delight:



CupcakeDelights


Piquant and refreshing and an excellent mix of sweet and tart. This is a wonderful summer cupcake and even though it was 40 degrees out I enjoyed it.





I also liked the chocolate chip cookie dough, but it was fairly standard:


CupcakeDelights



Ditto the rainbow sprinkle:


CupcakeDelights







You can see all of Mount Dora's flavors here, cupcakes approximately $2 to $3, based upon how many you order. If you need to have cupcakes shipped, Mount Dora's got you covered.

The bakery's phone number is 352.383.2200, open Monday through Saturday.

[EDIT -- Mount Dora's shipping Website is here. The best-seller collection is here.]






You can see all the images here, all photos by Stacie Joy.







Comments

Mari Nuñez said…
They look so yummy now I want one too! Do they ship international, like Dominican Republic?