Ultracute cherry-almond cupcakes from Love and Olive Oil

First of all, how cute are these cupcakes?



They're from the blog Love and Olive Oil - which also has the recipe!

They write:

Close your eyes. Picture a cupcake. The cutest cupcake you can think of. What does it look like? Slightly domed on top, with a huge swirl of buttercream frosting. And a cherry on top. Right? It’s like a cupcake cliche, or something… with a cherry on top. Because when do you ever see a REAL cupcake with a cherry on top? Like, never? I secretly think someone got confused between a cupcake and an ice cream sundae. Because those have cherries.

But I set out to make the ideal image of a cupcake anyway. Cherry and all.


I'd be remiss if I didn't offer a very overdue kudos to Love and Olive Oil blogger Lindsay on her wedding...for which she baked 300 beautiful cupcakes! I was bogged down so didn't get a chance to post about her recipe postcard giveaway, but I will say the whole thing is stunning. Belated congratulations and here are a few photos to ogle:






Cupcake tower photo by Kern-Photo

Comments