SNAFU with the deep-fried cupcakes (updated!)

I do not know what happened with the deep-friend Robicellei's cupcakes at ChipShop. This is a distressing newsbreak for me (well, sounds like quite a few people were upset). I'm investigating. Anyone know?


Edit/Update: From Allison of Robicelli's:

"I really don't know what to say -- I don't know what's going on on their end, so I can't comment for ChipShop. I made a ton of these cupcakes that are sitting in my fridge now (which I scrambled to make when I found it went viral), so I'm out some good money too.

What I can say is that once we deliver the cupcakes, what these shops do with them is out of our hands. We put our heart and soul into these things, so we hope that our retailers will give the cupcakes the respect they deserve. I am sure that whatever went down this weekend at ChipShop was not done in any sort of malicious manner, but was either the result of a technical malfunction that could not be remedied or by simply selling out. It is possible that the weekend staff was unaware of the special because the entire stock had been sold out Friday night. The people at ChipShop are fantastic individuals and consummate professionals, so I'm sure that any confusion was probably the result of good, old-fashioned misunderstanding.

In the interim, I have spoken to the writers of the blog "Fucked In Park Slope," who also went down this weekend only to have their cupcake request denied, and will be arranging an Elvis cupcake giveaway with them over the weekend. If ChipShop isn't hooking the people up with their cupcakes, then I'm giving them away for free!"




Rock on, Allison. Hope this makes FiPS feel better, I know I'd be mollified.





Comments