Vegans bloggers love the new vegan red velvet cupcake at Sprinkles

Cupcake chain Sprinkles' new vegan red velvet cupcake made its first public appearance today and is getting some rave reviews, on places like Twitter and vegan Los Angeles blog Veggywood, which proclaimed them "SOOO AMAZING! GO RIGHT NOW!"


Twitpic by @Veggywood

Here's what blogger Quarrygirl wrote (click for her pics):

right now the only vegan flavor at sprinkles is red velvet: rich chocolate cake with a luscious cream cheese frosting. they are prominently displayed at the front of the case when you walk in and are even labeled “vegan.”

having been a vegan for ages, i’ve never eaten a sprinkles cupcake before, but my omnivorous friends always rave about them. now i can see why this little beverly hills cupcakery is so popular—-this thing was off the chain. it was super moist and basically melted in my mouth. honestly one of the best cupcakes i’ve ever had!


I forgot that I'd tried one back in November; they were working on them and had been making them special order for special fans (including celebrities). I'm not vegan (though I used to be) and I liked it, though to be fair, I'm not really a red velvet fanatic. They had other cupcakes I liked better, but it was moist and rich and didn't taste noticeably different from the other cupcakes I tried. Again, like with the gluten-free cupcakes, I think it's interesting how much buzz there is around vegan cupcakes, and think more and more bakeries will start offering vegan as well as non-vegan options to appease a range of customers (also, it's not only vegans who want to eat vegan cupcakes).

Sprinkles Cupcakes Beverly Hills vegan red velvet cupcake
photo by me

The buzz is on...


@coutureerin has an interesting suggestion


@MommasintheHous

We'll have more info on Sprinkles' vegan red velvet cupcakes directly from them soon, but for now, feel free to let us know what you think in the comments. Follow @sprinkles on Twitter for daily free cupcake offers and see sprinkles.com for their official info. They open in Chicago in March.

In non-vegan Sprinkles news, they're conducting a poll on Facebook to see which cupcake combination their customers want:

Comments