Cupcakeland in Williamsburg, Brooklyn

I would like to think I have my fingers on the pulse of the cupcake world...at least in New York. At least, you know, where I live, which happens to be in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. But I guess I don't because I am just now hearing about Cupcakeland in my very own hood. I was just saying the other day that ever since Cheeks closed Wiliamsburg doesn't seem to have many cupcake options. Must. Try. Soon. Will report by the weekend!

I discovered them via a piece in The Brooklyn Paper:

“I think that cupcakes are replacing the traditional cake. Why not have your own little cake? It’s more convenient,” said Cupcakeland owner Kate Lech (the “eater” to co-owner Alex Wysoczanska’s “baker”).

Lech assures us that their little bakery will have no trouble beating out the competition, with sweet varieties like apple pie and lemon-raspberry, plus a lighter than usual cake.

“You can eat half a Magnolia cupcake and you’re full,” said Lech, “but you can eat five of ours.”


Click here to see their full menu, highlights of which include:

Mint
Our dark chocolate cake filled with mint vanilla cream, whipped frosting, topped with mini chocolate chips

Apple
Vanilla cake stuffed with fresh apples, whipped cinnamon cream cheese frosting

Chocolate ganache
Dark chocolate cake filled with vanilla cream, topped with dark chocolate ganache

Mocha

Dark chocolate coffee cake, mocha frosting topped with chocolate covered coffee bean

White Chocolate Raspberry
chocolate cake filled with fresh rasbberry puree, topped with whipped white chocolate frosting

Cupcakeland
390 Metropolitan Avenue (between N5th and Havemeyer Streets)
Brooklyn, NY, 11211
718-388-5260
917-583-2028
alex at thecupcakeland.com

Comments

debbie koenig said…
I checked it out last week--not bad, not bad at all! Cream cheese frosting on everything, which is not my favorite, but the chocolate cupcake, at least, is tasty in the extreme. Post here: http://wordstoeatby.blogspot.com/2010/02/burgs-got-new-cupcakery-cupcakeland.html