Delicious mint chocolate and peanut butter and jelly cupcakes, The Divine Cupcake, Eugene, Oregon

Last night I had the pleasure of tasting the mint chocolate and peanut butter and jelly cupcakes by The Divine Cupcake in Eugene, Oregon, which has been a custom cupcake company but opens its retail store doors on March 5th. (These were given to me free by The Divine Cupcake - thank you very much!)

They are organic and vegan as well and on their site say most cupcakes can be made gluten-free, wheat-free, sugar-free.

Chocolate mint cupcakes, The Divine Cupcake, Eugene, Oregon
Thin mint cupcakes, The Divine Cupcake, official description: "Chocolate mint cake, with chocolate and peppermint frosting"

The Divine Cupcake peanut butter and jelly cupcakes
peanut butter and jelly cupcakes
official description: "Peanut butter cake, with raspberry filling and peanut buttercream frosting"

Inside peanut butter and jelly cupcake, The Divine Cupcake
inside the peanut butter and jelly cupcake

I liked the chocolate mint ones the best; the frosting tasted just like a peppermint patty, but in frosting form (in a word: AMAZING), and the chocolate cake was moist and pretty light. One woman's was a little crumbly - I'm not sure if that was her doing or what, because that one was fine for me. The chocolate drizzles on top added a perfect little touch of extra chocolate. My aunt said it was too minty for her but I didn't find that, it was just right in the mint department, so I guess it depends on what kind of mint you like and how strong a mint you can handle.

Both cupcakes had a LOT of frosting - it looked gorgeous but I only ate about half of it. The peanut butter and jelly was a little crumbly, but I hadn't realized they were vegan (yes, they were that good) so that could explain it.

I'd definitely try the thin mint again (and again and again) and I liked the peanut butter cake but as I said, it was a bit crumbly. The peanut butter and jelly combo though worked really well in terms of taste; I think if you liked peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a kid (or adult) you'd dig these.

You can also find them on Facebook, where they're asking which flavor is "most Eugene" and on Twitter.

Details about their opening with free cupcakes all day:



As far as I know, they will continue to do custom orders in addition to running the retail shop and we will have someone to cover their opening for you.

The Divine Cupcake
541-543-5757
info at divinecupcake.com

Comments