My face on Trophy Cupcakes (plus their cool tote bag)

I don't really have the proper words to describe how gorgeous it was to see this cupcake tower that Trophy Cupcakes made for me with cupcakes with my photo (photo by Anya Garrett) on them, for free, no less. I will be talking to Trophy Cupcakes owner Jennifer Shea tomorrow (before our meetup which is 5-7 at their Wallingford location, join us!) about that process and how they do it and all that, so if you have questions, write me at cupcakestakethecake@gmail.com and I will try to ask her.



Anyway, they were totally gorgeous. The red-edged ones were vanilla, which I didn't get to try, green-edged were coconut and the brown-edged ones were chocolate hazelnut which were AMAZING. The edges were rimmed, I think, with hazelnuts and that combined with the hazelnut-flavored frosting and chocolate cake was wonderful. I like coconut, but found those very sweet; I could only eat a small bit of that frosting, and I'm not sure what the edges of it were rimmed with.



Onto probably your most urgent question: my face. Technically it was edible but I wound up tasting only a nibble. I think it's better to peel it off and either save it for posterity or eat underneath the image, in my unscientific experiment.

THANK YOU so much to Trophy Cupcakes for providing these cupcakes for me and if you are interested, please contact them. We wound up at a Cajun restaurant and were saving them for dessert and the owner was enamored with them, he wanted to get some with his girlfriend's face for her birthday. Aww...



Next time what I'd do is film myself and my friends eating these cupcakes; that didn't even occur to me, but then you could see exactly how it peels off. I want to come back to the Pacific Northwest at some point in the next year so hopefully I can do that in future. I will be filming some cupcake eating tomorrow at Trophy at Wallingford if you want to join in the fun.

Oh, and I'm going to buy one of these cupcake tote bags I saw on their Facebook page - they're $12 and made of 95% recycled material:



Trophy Cupcakes
3 locations
Seattle, Washington
206-632-7020
info at trophycupcakes.com

Comments