Reality TV show for Georgetown Cupcake founders

Sorry I've been MIA, I'm back and apropos of this post, will have a full writeup of my Georgetown Cupcake visit sometime this week.

For now, breaking cupcake news...another cupcake reality show!

From The Washington Examiner:

Well, for now, they're giving out the "no comment" line, but for weeks the co-founders of Georgetown Cupcake, Sophie LaMontagne and Katherine Kallinis, have been gabbing about their impending stardom while out and about in town.

And with one too many bloggers picking up the dish, their secret is out of the bag: Georgetown Cupcake will be the set of a new reality television show to air on TLC.

Joi-Marie McKenzie of DC Fab blog said she ran into LaMontagne and Kallinis at an event this weekend where they gabbed about filming a show on how to become successful small-business owners.


Georgetown Cupcake (DC) cupcakes
cupcakes from my recent Georgetown Cupcake visit (DC branch)

Comments

Lauren said…
Oh how I miss Georgetown Cupcakes and the anticipation of waiting around the corner in their line.
Anne said…
Georgetown cupcakes make my heart happy. Aren't they just so perfectly pretty?!? It's been too long. I think I might be making a visit this weekend.
Cassandra B said…
Honestly, this truly saddens me. It's great for the owners, not so great for the customers. I work down the street from GC and I never want to go there anymore because it is ALWAYS a melee. Cupcakes are supposed to be fun and happy and should not make you dread the 30 minute line to get them. This reality show is only going to make things worse.

:(
Margie (Smith) Mudge said…
Love, Love, cupcakes. After getting out of the coffee and rest. business after 20 yrs. I am going to open a cupcake shop. Can you tell me the best way to set up a kitcken for just baking cupcakes? Any Favorite flavors you can share the recipe to??? I am still working on a name. Every time I think of a great name, it has already been taken. Who would have thought that cupcakes would be so popular???
Cakes off to you!!!! M~~~~~~