One cupcake truck has inspired another one to open up in Connecticut. According to CTNow.com, the success of New Haven's The Cupcake Truck inspired the newly-launched The Cupcake Brake:
Until recently, DeNorio owned a financial planning business in North Haven, where he first became aware of the Cupcake Truck's success in the Elm City. Inspired, he sold the finance business to start his cupcake venture. It wasn't too much of a stretch - DeNorio holds a culinary degree.
"Baking is very relaxing to me," he said. "I thought I'd take a shot at it."
DeNorio began to build the business in mid-November - buying the truck, designing a logo and choosing a name for his mobile bakery. He now leases space from a Vernon restaurant and spends the mornings there baking and crafting frostings and fillings...
"I get butter from Vermont, I use local eggs, real vanilla beans, Madagascar vanilla bourbon extract," he said. "I try to use the best of everything when it comes to ingredients." He also plans to feature seasonal flavor specials in the next few months.
DeNorio is working with Hartford's parking authorities to determine more concrete location possibilities for daily stops.
The truck is not open today due to permit issues, according to their latest Twitter post.
You can also follow them on Facebook.

Here's their menu:
* Plain Twain (Served Mondays)
Our classic vanilla cake
* Coconut Calhoun (Fri)
* Mohegan Mocha (Thurs)
Our coffee cupcake
* Charter Oak Chocolate (Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri)
* The Capital (Wed)
Vanilla cake with pecans, pineapple, & banana
* Vernon Velvet (Tues)
Our red velvet cake
* Hale Hostess (Fri)
Chocolate cake w/ marshmallow filling & chocolate ganache frosting
* Mystic Marble (Tues)
* Colony Carrot (Thurs)
* Yankee Lemon (Wed)
Until recently, DeNorio owned a financial planning business in North Haven, where he first became aware of the Cupcake Truck's success in the Elm City. Inspired, he sold the finance business to start his cupcake venture. It wasn't too much of a stretch - DeNorio holds a culinary degree.
"Baking is very relaxing to me," he said. "I thought I'd take a shot at it."
DeNorio began to build the business in mid-November - buying the truck, designing a logo and choosing a name for his mobile bakery. He now leases space from a Vernon restaurant and spends the mornings there baking and crafting frostings and fillings...
"I get butter from Vermont, I use local eggs, real vanilla beans, Madagascar vanilla bourbon extract," he said. "I try to use the best of everything when it comes to ingredients." He also plans to feature seasonal flavor specials in the next few months.
DeNorio is working with Hartford's parking authorities to determine more concrete location possibilities for daily stops.
The truck is not open today due to permit issues, according to their latest Twitter post.
You can also follow them on Facebook.

Here's their menu:
* Plain Twain (Served Mondays)
Our classic vanilla cake
* Coconut Calhoun (Fri)
* Mohegan Mocha (Thurs)
Our coffee cupcake
* Charter Oak Chocolate (Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri)
* The Capital (Wed)
Vanilla cake with pecans, pineapple, & banana
* Vernon Velvet (Tues)
Our red velvet cake
* Hale Hostess (Fri)
Chocolate cake w/ marshmallow filling & chocolate ganache frosting
* Mystic Marble (Tues)
* Colony Carrot (Thurs)
* Yankee Lemon (Wed)
Comments