Pastel Easter cupcakes from Crumbs

I was very curious to try Passover cupcakes, but I wasn't able to get any Kosher for Passover ones, so I contented myself with Easter offerings from Crumbs Bake Shop. I wondered what they would have to use to make them Kosher -- matzo crumbs? Anyway, the pastel Easter-babies arrived, delivered by a very happy Crumbs guy, and were immediately photographed and consumed. Like savages, my guests chomped down on the sweet-sweet-sweet desserts.




Crumbs Easter Cupcakes



Are they not beautiful?


Crumbs Easter Cupcakes






I was particularly impressed with the bunny-cookie ones!


Crumbs Easter Cupcakes


I'm a sucker for findings and toppings. I think the bunny was shortbread and the jelly beans were cinnamon-y.




But my guests wanted the minty-topped ones:


Crumbs Easter Cupcakes


These had a layer of "dirty icing" before being topped with fondant (a minty one). Not a personal fave, but the crew liked 'em. If you look closely, you can see the white buttercream icing layered before the green fondant topping.



Filled with a chocolate ganache:

Crumbs Easter Cupcakes






In a startling twist of the norm, I actually preferred the chocolate cupcake:

Crumbs Easter Cupcakes


Well, not this one, the bunny one. This one was minty with the fondant/rolled topping that wasn't a personal fave.


The bunny one (my fave) was filled with something pink and frothy, possibly the same buttercream as it was frosted with, possibly not.


Crumbs Easter Cupcakes


The chocolate was moist, so moist it was almost wet. Perhaps made with pudding? I liked it! The frosting was sweet (very very sweet) with a grainy sugar texture.





Thanks, Crumbs Bake Shop for sending these over. You can see the whole set here, all images by Stacie Joy for CTTC.


Comments