Yummy sunny Saturday at Butter Lane

I'm so fortunate that Butter Lane is a local cupcake stop.



Butter Lane


Butter Lane




I walked in to find co-owner Pam pouring me a cup of icy-cold delicious lemonade. Thanks, Pam!


Butter Lane








Butter Lane

Always-changing flavor list.







Butter Lane


Price list.







Butter Lane


My favorite is the banana with cream cheese frosting. (Sorry Elvis.) YMMV.





Butter Lane


A gift from Pam and Butter Lane. Happiness in a box.




Butter Lane


Vanilla raspberry. Scrumptious.






Butter Lane


Vanilla maple-pecan. An honest cupcake. Maple and pecan, check; vanilla, check.


Butter Lane

Inside.







Butter Lane


Chocolate-chocolate. Not a personal fave (I'm not into chocolate cake as much) but Butter Lane is exactly what lovers of the chocolate-chocolate experience want.







I think everyone loves this flavor:

Butter Lane


Banana peanut butter. Butter Lane's banana cupcake is superior. I can't have these because I'm a vegetarian and marshmallows have gelatin in them, but I've had the bakery's peanut butter frosting on other cupcakes before and it's delicious.




Butter Lane


Bisected.






Butter Lane


Vanilla walnut. My friend scarfed this and the pistachio one too and I never got to taste them. In the pistachio's case, I don't think I got to photograph it either.







Butter Lane


I love the salted caramel popcorn frosting so much it's insane. I prefer it on the vanilla cupcake but it's so good I couldn't help myself.



Butter Lane


No sharing.





I also spotted my photo (original here) on the new Butter Lane book:


Butter Lane


Nice, but photo credit would have been nicer!








Butter Lane

Cupcake classes, see details below.





Butter Lane



Butter Lane
123 East 7th Street
NYC
212.677.2880
Mon-Thurs 11 am to 11 pm
Fri and Sat 11 am to midnight
Sun 11 am to 10 pm




See the whole set here; all images by Stacie Joy for Cupcakes Take the Cake.




Update! From Butter Lane, the new class schedule:

First come, first serve! If you'd like to reserve one (or more) spots; please
submit your reservation at our new, fancy online order
form http://butterlane.com/classes.html. Sorry, only 10 spots per class! (If
you can't get your date, we'll add you to our wait list for any new dates.)

- Tue, April 20 - Owners Talk: "Starting Butter Lane" Linda, Maria
and I will give a brief talk on the Butter Lane journey (!) this one night. We
will close the shop from 7-8pm, then answer questions after.20-person maximum. ($25, includes a
4-box)

Butter Lane Cupcake Classes:
2010 Schedule
Individual sign-up classes are held on the first Monday of every month:
·
· New Date added: April 19 (8-10pm) - 2 spots left
· Monday, May 3 (8-10pm) *Sold Out*
· New Date added: May 17 (8-10pm)
· Monday, June 7 (8-10pm)
· New Date added: June 21 (8-10pm)
· Monday, July 5 (8-10pm)
· New Date added: July 19 (8-10pm)· Monday, August 2 (8-10pm)
· New Date added: Aug 16 (8-10pm)
· Monday, September 6 (8-10pm)
· New Date added: Sep 20 (8-10pm)
· Monday, October 4 (8-10pm)
· New Date added: Oct 18 (8-10pm)
· Monday, November 1 (8-10pm)
· New Date added: Nov 15 (8-10pm)
· Monday, December 6 (8-10pm)
· New Date added: Dec 20 (8-10pm)
Prepayment is required to hold your reservation.




Here's a photo Pam sent me from a recent class. Looks like fun!





Comments

pami said…
yummy!! wish I lived close enough to take a class, looks like fun