Cupcake Wars winner builds cupcake golf course

I don't have cable so did not watch Cupcake Wars on The Food Network last night but this is from the blog of Orlando, Florida cupcakery Sweet! by Good Golly Miss Holly:

Miss Holly competed in the premiere episode of Cupcake Wars on the Food Network tonight. Competitors from cupcake shops around the country competed for the chance to have their cupcake featured at the George and Ann Lopez’s Charity Golf Tournament.

I have to say I'm loving these photos. I like to eat cupcakes, of course, but when they are turned into something more, something artistic and creative and grand, that's when I love being a cupcake blogger the most:







From The TV Guy at The Orlando Sentinel:

Salmon cupcakes, anyone?

Orlando baker Hollis Wilder puts over that improbable concept in “Cupcake Wars,” which previews at 10 p.m. Sunday on Food Network.

“It’s not something I’ll sell in my store,” Wilder says of the salmon concoction. “It’s one of those cupcakes you make and serve immediately. It was divine — a lemon-scented cake. You bite into the cake. It fills your senses.”

Wilder hopes her appearance on “Cupcake Wars” bolsters her store Sweet! in Waterford Lakes Town Center. The store, which also sells yogurt, celebrates its 2nd anniversary in July.

Comments

Betsy Cornelius said…
That was so fun! I was expecting it Tuesday so caught it by accident. Holly's combinations sounded so much better than the other contestants and her demeanor in the kitchen showed she KNEW what she was doing. The woman held it together while her competition crumbled under the stress!
I couldn't believe one contestant went into a round with three plain cupcakes! Vanilla, red velvet and lemon? C'mon!! The judges were right when they said her cupcakes looked like mass market cupcakes. My husband asked me, "hasn't she ever watched a cooking show? You have to be DARING!" lol