Cupcakes in the Summer Heat

Baked Red Velvet

(poor Red Velvet cupcake melted in minutes)

As summer creeps ever closer, so does the heat. Anticipation of outdoor cupcake events (like our next Cupcake Picnic tomorrow, June 12) should still consider what might happen to these already-fragile desserts in the smoldering heat.

So what are some of our options? Bring an umbrella, or perhaps channel our inner Scout to prop up a tent? Can cupcakes have their own personal mini-fan or A/C unit? I can only imagine minds already at work for “The Cupcake Cooler 3000.”

What are some of your personal tips, tricks, or wishful thinking for cupcake inventions to help combat Mother Nature?


Comments

Anne said…
This is why I started putting cupcakes in jars. You can keep them in a cooler. I know they're not as pretty as a real cupcake, but in the case of transporting, shipping and keeping them cool...jars are amazing.
jamie rathjen said…
I store my cupakes in an airtight container, and put them in the refrigerator the night or early morning before. I take them out just before I leave. I freeze a few bottles of water and place them in a canvas tote bag with the cupcakes until I get to my destination. The canvas works well for traveling- the box of cupcakes gets bounced around in the cooler.

Cool cupcakes in the summertime - how good is that.