Ice cream cone cupcakes by Scrumptious Swirls

How perfect do these look as a summer treat for kids and adults? Yes, they are ice cream cone cupcakes, and they're by Stacy of Scrumptious Swirls, who you can also find on Facebook, using this Martha Stewart recipe. Stacy writes:

As for the buttercream, prepare your favorite buttercream recipe. Melt carmel candy in the microwave and add it to the buttercream after it is prepared along with a scoop of peanut butter and mix until well blended. It really depends on your taste of how much! I bet you can even buy a can of buttercream icing in the grocery store and add the ingredients too it. If not just buy carmel syrup, some peanut butter chips & vanilla buttercream you will most likely get very close tho the same tastes and results!

As for making the ice cream scoop look or the swirls you either want to use a mini ice scream scoop or a pastry tip. In the photos above the tips I used were Ateco tips # 827 & 898.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I have to tell you a story. Back in the middle 60's when my son was about 3 years old i decided that it would be fun to bake his birthday cake in cones. I put aluminum foil collars on the cones to keep the cakes above the tops, much like you put on a mousse. I frosted them and decorated them and took pictures. The moms of the kids at the party thougt it was pretty cool. Now, 37 years later I'm seeing them everywhere. I still love the idea. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. Sandy in South Dakota