Strawberry balsamic cupcakes with strawberry and raspberry vodka frosting!

I'm working on a larger strawberry cupcake post, but these cupcakes by The Inky Kitchen (go there for the recipe and more photos) clearly deserve their own post!

She writes:

As I spoke about these cupcakes at work today I got a few funny looks when people heard strawberries and vinegar in the same sentence, but believe me this is a magical combo. The Italians have been doing it for ages and we all know they don't tend to get food wrong. I don't know what it is but something in the balsamic seems to suck out the juicy sweetness of the berries, amplifying it much louder than if you ate them with sugar or indeed nothing at all. Try it for yourself it is just so versatile - over ice cream, with angel food cake, alongside white chocolate mousse or as the topping for the most divine pavlova you could dream of.

Comments

Jenny Kelley said…
Vodka Frosting??? Someone pinch me because I must be dreaming!
Nancy T said…
Thanks so much for featuring my recipe guys, it's a dream come true to have one of my recipes on CTTC! <3