"Bloody" Dexter season premiere cupcakes

Rachel of The Avid Appetite sent in her Dexter season premiere-inspired cupcakes and wrote:

In honor of the upcoming season premiere of my favorite show, Dexter, I whipped up a batch of Dexter-themed cupcakes to celebrate my favorite serial killer and his moonlighting habits. When I devised my plan for these tasty little treats, admittedly I had no idea how ultimately delicious they'd turn out. Light and sweet white cake filled with tart cherry jam and topped with the smoothest, lightest buttercream icing ever make this the perfect dessert to celebrate the premiere since, after all, what says 'serial killer' like gooey, bright red cherry jam and cake gel blood spatters? Add a microscope specimen plate and some 'blood' spatter and you've got the makings for a killer treat that would make Dex proud. Now that's what I call a Dark Passenger!





Want the recipe for these cherry vanilla cupcakes? Visit The Avid Appetite!

Comments

Heather McDonnell said…
shut up! LOVE! #dexter #cupcakes
My Site (click to edit) said…
Those are amazing! <3 Dexter
sol plante of Cake it easy said…
That's fun!