It's a Rocky Road, Cupcake!

I spent the better part of August traveling Northern California and these cupcakes remind me of why I loved the experience so much. While you are doing it the uncomfortable car seats, cost of gasoline (sky-high), hotel mixups, GPS failures, etc. seem irritating but in retrospect all I can recall is the wonder and magic of the trip. The tiny town of Boonville near Napa that has its own, made-up and secret/dying language (Boontling), the unexpected pleasure of finding a kick-ass bakery in a teeny-tiny town (thank you Busy Bee Bakery!), and, yes, even my much-dreaded stay in a yurt.



It's a Rocky Road, Cupcake!


These beauties were made and photographed by Cupcakequeen, who got the recipe from the Cake (Mix) Doctor's book, I believe. But wait...where's my sweet puppy love, Layla?





Champagne Cupcakes with Kir Royale Frosting



There she is! Don't be blue, Layla, I missed you too.



Comments

LoveCupcakes said…
This indeed a rocky road cupcakes. Kids will surely love it and i want some of it to.