When cupcakes look better than they taste: Pop Burger

I was walking down 9th Avenue in the Meatpacking District in New York recently and wasn't sure what I wanted to eat, so walked into Pop Burger and found, on the menu, an offering of two cupcakes for six dollars. They told me one was vanilla and one was chocolate, so I decided to try them.



I got them and they had been in the refrigerator and were very cold; the frosting was solid.



The vanilla one really tasted like butter, the chocolate, like, um, butter and chocolate. I don't think it would've helped much if they'd been warmer. The frosting was sweet, but too sweet, especially the vanilla. The cake was eh, better left alone on the vanilla, again, and marginally better on the chocolate one. There was so much frosting too and it was sad because I wanted to like them but just couldn't get into it. I'm always willing to try a cupcake, even at a place that doesn't look like it'll have good ones, because you just never know, but I can say that I don't recommend trying these.







Comments

T.A. Helton said…
Hate that....the chocolate one looked so scrumtious!