Good morning Boston cream pie filled with beautiful custard cupcakes

These beautiful Boston cream pie cupcakes by Emily at Sugar Plum were one of the first things I saw when I woke up. Who wouldn't want to wake up to such beauty? I happen to be a sucker for Boston cream piece cupcakes, even though the cream in, say, cannoli, is too rich for me. I love the sweetness of a custard as well as the cold creaminess of it, plus this reminder that custard cream is not just for donuts. Cupcakes are wonderful vehicles for filling, and she does it beautifully. Got to Sugar Plum for the recipe. Photos via Sugar Plum Blog on Flickr.

Emily writes:

I can't think of anything more perfect than cake, custard and chocolate. That's a pretty comforting dessert, don't you think? I decided to create a Boston cream pie cupcake recipe... now I can't remember what my inspiration was. I probably needed to use up the buttermilk and sour cream.

Boston cream pie cupcakes may be the most delicious cupcakes ever. I loved these. Eric loved these and he's a tough critic. Try, try, try! You'll love them too. I will be making these again. Preferably as soon as possible.




Comments

Tasha Edwards said…
I am a sucker for great presentation