Scharffenberger Cupcake Event

Me and Elizabeth Falkner

Tuesday evening I stopped by the Astor Center to attend the kick off the Scharffenberger Chocolate Adventure Contest. Top Chef Just Dessert's Elizabeth Falkner and Johnny Iuzzini were on hand to compete for best cupcake using adventurous ingredients like pop rocks and stout beer.

Along with me, there were about two dozen food bloggers and bakers were in attendance including both Siobhan and Alex of Blondie and Brownie, Yvo of Feisty Foodie, Peggy from Lux Sugar, Melissa of Cake Hero, Emily of Nomnivorous and Lucia of Lucid Food.

I was actually on Chef Falkner's team, but forgot to take a picture of the lovely chocolate pub cakes that were made with stout beer and topped with peanuts. I am allergic to peanuts so I stayed clear of them. I heard they were delicious!

004

I did take pictures of the cupcakes Johnny Iuzinni's team made. They were chocolate cupcakes as well, but there raspberries, rose petals and pop rocks. It was a surprise in your mouth.

Scharffrenberger chocolates
Before leaving I took a picture of the display of all the Scharffrenberger chocolates. It a shame I didn't grab more chocolate bars.

Comments

jamie rathjen said…
Nice photo. Those chocolate bars look amazing.