Sea salted chocolate frosting is a must-try at Butter Lane in New York City

I stopped by Butter Lane in the East Village (New York) the other night and was excited to see they have some new fall frosting flavors: pumpkin, apple spice, sea salted chocolate and hazelnut chocolate (cake flavors remain vanilla, chocolate and banana). They were out of all the new ones to put on a cupcake because it was almost closing time, but I got a sample of the sea salted caramel, pictured below, and it was to die for. An extremely rich chocolate plus the sea salt. Wow, just wow!


frosting flavors (this is a side note but I have a pet peeve: when people spell "caramel" as "carmel" - to me, Carmel is a city, not a flavor; hope that doesn't sound too mean, just had to throw that in)


apple spice cupcake


sea salted chocolate frosting

The apple spice was pretty good, but for me personally, not one I'd get again, not because it was bad--it was apple-y and definitely a fall flavor--but I just like their other flavors better. Looking forward to tasting pumpkin and hazelnut chocolate soon, and plotting what cake I should get with the sea salted chocolate or if I should just go for a frosting shot (can you imagine?). Seriously, as a salt lover, it's one I highly recommend. Frosting shots there are $1, cupcakes are $3 each. See www.butterlane.com for more information.

Another random note: I am so used to hearing "salted caramel" that my fingers kept wanting to type "sea salted caramel" in this post!

Comments