Mini cupcake magic from James and the Giant Cupcake

I ordered 3 dozen mini cupcakes from custom cupcake company James and the Giant Cupcake, which offers free delivery in Oakland and Berkeley, California. Each flavor was unique and memorable and went above and beyond what I was expecting (well, I was expecting them to be good because those are flavors are like, but these were awesome). They were $18 for each dozen mini cupcakes, which I thought was a good deal and, after tasting them, very worth it.





This mint cupcake was very, very minty. As in, I love mint but I had to eat it slowly and savor it and even then didn't finish it. I know saying you "didn't finish" a cupcake might sound like an insult, but it's not, at least, not in this case. Sometimes it just means a flavor is so strong you don't need more than a small mouthful, and I shared the other half with someone.





The bacon cupcakes were a big hit, with lots of people asking, "Is that really bacon?" I think bacon works because, well, people love bacon, but also that it's salty and if you don't go overboard, a little bit of salty bacon goodness is the perfect foil for a sweet cupcake.



The sea salt caramel cupcakes also lived up to their salty and sweet promise.

And the custom ordering was very easy; I emailed what I wanted, paid via PayPal, and they were delivered as requested. The displays of all three dozens were lovely, and the minis were a good size for a mini, about two normal-sized bites of cupcake. See their blog for the latest news.



James and the Giant Cupcake
510-735-4353
jamesandthegiantcupcake at gmail.com

Comments