Velvet Cupcakes - Valencia, California


There is absolutely nothing sweeter than unexpectedly stumbling upon a new cupcake shop, especially when the shop is as gorgeous as Velvet Cupcakes in Valencia, California. Velvet Cupcakes is located in the new Patios section of the Westfield Valencia Town Center. Their modern and chic storefront blends perfectly with the high end boutiques surrounding them while they remain warm and inviting. One look at the chandelier and I knew I had to take a peek inside.


The interior was the perfect combination of clean lines and subtle colors. I adore the display of milk bottles filled with coordinating colors of sprinkles. The pink was the perfect shade of elegance and the dark browns framed the cupcakes beautifully. Thank you to the lovely ladies working for allowing me to snap some photos. 

Velvet Cupcakes offers an impressive daily variety including traditional favorites as well as specialty flavors. All cupcakes are made from scratch in small batches throughout the day using artisan methods and quality ingredients. They combine professional presentation and homemade flavors to create a treat that would make a stunning addition to any special occasion.


All of the cupcakes looked divine, but Fleur de Sel Caramel is always a clear winner for me. I actually ate my cupcake the next day and the cake was still incredibly moist. The chocolate frosting was rich without being 'too much' and there was just enough caramel and fleur de sel to add the perfect flavor contrast without being overpowering. This was one of my favorite salted caramel chocolate cupcakes to date. 

Cupcakes are $3 each or $33 per dozen and are of reasonable size. If you are near Valencia, I highly recommend heading over to the Valencia Town Center for some swanky shopping and a sweet afternoon treat at Velvet Cupcakes. This will definitely be a regular stop on my drives down to Southern California.

For more information:

Comments