Visit to Sweet E's Mini Bake Shop

Sweet E's Bake Shop is a cupcake catering company that recently opened a shop in Los Angeles, CA. You might recognize Sweet E's Bake Shop from the Food Network's Cupcake Wars. They were on the very first episode. I met the owner, Erica at the LA Cupcake Challenge last year and have been anxious to give her cupcakes a review.


When you enter Sweet E's "the mini bake shop," you are greeted by a display case with their goodies. The rest of the shop has tables and chairs for eating inside and lots of cupcake items for sale.


How cute are these Yo Gabba Gabba cake pops!


Of course when I saw these doggie treats, I knew I HAD to bring something home for my Pumpkin. Usually she gobbles up all food that's presented to her in about two seconds, but it actually looked like she savored the mini dog bone cookies. The Cupcake Activist's dog approves. Next time I'll have to bring her a Pupcake.


All of the cupcakes sold in "the mini bake shop" are mini cupcakes. I actually like this better because I can try several flavors and not waste cupcakes or feel so sick. I arrived at Sweet E's at the end of the day, so I didn't have a ton of choices for flavors. That's my fault and I missed out on such flavors as Mint Chocolate, Snickerdoodle, and Mexican Chocolate Churro. Next time.

Cupcakes ($2 each)

I'm a sucker for filling in a cupcake. The Molten Chocolate Chip cupcake had a decadent ganache filling in the middle. If you're going to do a chocolate cupcake, you might as well go all out. Yum!


This was a shocker! My favorite cupcake of the day was the Vanilla Vanilla. I really liked the texture, thickness, and taste of the frosting. You know me and my frosting, I like it thick and creamy. The cake was deliciously moist. Good frosting to cake ratio.


Cake Pops ($3 each)

The center of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cake pop looked and tasted more like cookie dough than cake. I'm a huge cookie dough fan, so I thought it was delicious! The other cake pops tasted like what you'd expect from a cake pop. My friend's favorite was Lemon, mine was the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (of course).


Sweet E's Bake Shop also sells cookies, brownies, frosting cones, chocolate covered Oreos, chocolate dipped pretzels, chocolate dipped rice krispie treats, chocolate covered marshmallows, and chocolate covered strawberries. Wow! Lots of sweets!

If you're looking for a little treat in the LA area, definitely stop by Sweet E's mini bake shop. And pick up a pupcake for my cute dog while you're there :) You can read my full review here.


Sweet E's Bake Shop
1417 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
323-422-8885
www.sweetesbakeshop.com
Twitter: @SweetEsBakeShop
Facebook: Sweet E's "the mini bake shop"

Comments