Our occasional series, cupcake job listings! Do not contact us about these jobs; full job listings and links are below. We cannot vouch for the accuracy of these job listings but they were on Craigslist as of this posting.
Cupcake Sales/Barista (Boulder)
Date: 2011-04-21, 3:36PM MDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tee & Cakes is hiring...
Barista/Cupcake Sales (a.m. and p.m. shifts // 25-30 hours per week)
• Passion for food, coffee and customer service
• Friendly, common sense
• Hard Working (i.e. can you hustle and flow?)
• Knowledge of espresso machines and great coffee (restaurant/bars don’t count)
• 3-4 shifts per week
• Must possess the skills to create latte art
Please drop off your 1. resume 2. cover letter 3. references 4. availability to the shop. You can also apply by replying to this posting. If you apply via email include which position your are looking to apply for in the SUBJECT LINE. If you fail to do this we will delete your message immediately.
Please don’t apply if you get the “hard work blues” easily. This is a busy shop and we meet a high level of quality day in and day out. This ain’t no cake walk.
New York City
Baked by Melissa, Store Manager - Room for Growth!
Date: 2011-04-29, 3:07PM EDT
Reply to: email@example.com
Baked by Melissa, a New York City cupcake company with multiple Manhattan locations, is seeping a STORE MANAGER!
We want to find the PERFECT new team member. Someone who is always seeking to challenge themselves, who has a great attitude, and who is passionate about creating a great customer-service atmosphere in our stores.
We are looking for a friendly and capable person. This position has growth potential within the company.
The perfect Store Manager will:
- Build a positive working relationship both with, and among, all store employees and outside vendors.
- Train and mentor newly hired store employees.
- Ensure all company policies and customer service protocols are observed 100% of the time.
- Become an inventory and POS pro!
- 2+ years experience in a related position is encouraged.
If this sounds like you, please send us: A brief cover letter describing why YOU are our new Store Manager. An updated resume, as an attachment. Minimum 2 professional references.
* Compensation: Starts at $700/week
Little Cupcake Bakeshop. (Nolita / Bowery)
Date: 2011-04-27, 9:43PM EDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Cupcake Bakeshop is looking for fun, intelligent, hard-working
and yet lighthearted individuals to be a part of our team and continue
our strong reputation as a top ten gourmet shop in NYC and
award-winning green small business.
We are seeking enthusiastic, creative, and detail oriented
individuals, who are passionate about serving home-made gourmet sweets
and artisanal coffee, delivering cheerful hospitality, and stimulating
the green economy, to join our staff as Sales Associates. The
successful candidates will have a strong sense of responsibility, a commitment to
cleanliness, a passion to serve and the ultimate goal of exceeding the
expectations of our guests. Retail sales experience in a gourmet food
market, retail food operation, or café is desired but not required.
Cheerful, sincere and gracious hospitality is required. A willingness
to learn and a desire to make others happy is a must.
Only those serious about exceeding customer expectations will be considered.
This position is for full-time only. Please send your resume along
with your letter of interest to:
Sprinkles Cupcakes ... now hiring Part-Time Cupcake Concierge! (West Hollywood)
Date: 2011-04-29, 10:18AM PDT
Reply to: email@example.com
Sprinkles Cupcakes, the original cupcake bakery, is looking for a Cupcake Concierge who is passionate about cupcakes and customer service to join our fun, bustling phone order room!
Learn why we call our dedicated order line the company’s “Nerve Center.” While keeping open lines of communication with all Sprinkles stores across the country, you will advise our customers and process their special orders over the phone. Are they ordering for a party? A wedding? A personalized gift? No order is the same, and you will be tasked with crafting the perfect order for each customer from scratch.
If you are .....
• a natural smiler (the kind of smile that can be heard over the phone!)
• a team player
• enthusiastic and positive
• detail oriented
• crazy about cupcakes and a fun work environment
...then we would love to hear from you!
Enjoy competitive pay and benefits like our employee discount, rewards for outstanding performance, referral incentive program, year-end bonuses, 401(k) plan and paid time off for tenured employees, and a free cupcake every day!
A flexible schedule and knowledge of Sprinkles is a must.
Hiring Part Time: 20-25 hours a week, varying from as early as 6am to as late as 5pm.
Each week will be different, no set schedules. Weekend availability required.
To apply, please email your resume to the email address above with "Nerve Center" in the subject line of the email and the top three reasons that you would be the perfect addition to Sprinkles.
Sprinkles is an equal opportunity employer.
Cupcake Associate Wanted (Fluffy Thoughts Cakes McLean VA)
Date: 2011-04-28, 2:26PM EDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Cupcake Associate Wanted at Fluffy Thoughts Cakes in McLean, VA
Looking for a high energy, fun, and dependable individual to join Team Fluffy. Salary Negotiable based upon experience
• Cupcake assembly and decorating
• Preparation of fillings, curds and icings
• Ability to assist with all aspects of the bakery – from baking to cashier when needed
Please submit resume and start date availability to email@example.com. Trail is required for all potential candidates.
Trophy Cupcakes - Cupcake Decorator
Date: 2011-04-25, 3:58PM PDT
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trophy Cupcakes and Party is seeking a Cupcake Decorator for all of our locations.
Do you love Cupcakes? Buttercream? Decorating? The finest quality ingredients? Superior detail? And parties? We do! Trophy Cupcakes and Party is looking for an experienced Pastry Decorator, who would like to work for a creative, locally owned business that is serious about exceptional cupcakes, coffee and party goods.
Ok, we got your attention! But, the job isn’t all cupcakes and coffee.
You will be responsible for:
* Mastering a variety of cupcake decorating techniques
* Being able to decorate and work at a rapid pace
* Excellent customer service
* Maintaining a high level of communication with all team members
* Taking and reporting all shop inventory
* Scrubbing and scouring all nooks and crannies to create a pristine kitchen and store-front environment
* Recognizing the flavor profile of all of our cakes and buttercreams and consistently monitoring both for taste and visual appeal
* Making exceptional espresso and coffee drinks
* This is a part-time (24-32 hours/week) position requiring a flexible schedule to work early morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays. (We are open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. most days)
* At least one year experience in a similar position at a high volume bakery, restaurant, or café
* A commitment to high-standards and an eye for fine detail
* A team-oriented, high energy, and cheerful disposition
* Ability to work an 8 - 10 hour shift on your feet
* Current food handlers permit, or ability to obtain one upon hire
$10/hour, plus tips - we offer benefits qualified employees.
Please submit résumé with cover letter via email referencing this position
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins
Hello Cupcake Seeks Cupcake Counter Staff for Our New Location! (Capitol Hill - Barracks Row)
Date: 2011-04-21, 10:51AM EDT
Reply to: email@example.com
Hello Cupcake, Washington DC's cupcake boutique, is growing! We are opening our second location in the thriving Barracks Row area of Capitol Hill and we need congenial, skilled, efficient staff to join our fun team! We seek several part-time and full-time colleagues. As a member of our counter staff, you are the face of Hello Cupcake – our closest, direct contact with customers. You will be taking and filling orders in a busy environment. As such, you must keep a sunny disposition and work well under pressure. You will ensure quality products and provide stellar customer service, learning all about our high quality and flavors so that you may help customers with their selections; monitor cleanliness of the shop; take and track advance / custom orders; track inventory levels for front-of-house beverage items, packaging, and retail merchandise; ensure fast and smooth movement of cupcakes from kitchen to cupcake sales area; monitor cupcake sales area and customer satisfaction; work with pastry chefs to run our cupcake decorating class series, staff private parties and more! Previous retail, bakery or restaurant experience preferred. Must Love Cupcakes.
Please bring your resume and apply in person at 705 8th Street, SE (nearest Metro stop, Eastern Market) on Tuesday, April 26th between 11am - 2pm.
* Location: Capitol Hill - Barracks Row