Yesterday I stopped in at an Au Bon Pain in Manhattan to get lunch and saw they'd added a new cupcake to their offerings: carrot cake. Cupcakes are $2.99 each or 4 for $10 and they also have vanilla, chocolate and red velvet.
I'm not much of a carrot cake fan but I decided to try it and I liked it. The cream cheese frosting was too much for me personally but again, I'm not a cream cheese frosting fan, but I think people who are will like it: it's somewhat thick and pretty sweet. The cake was moist and had nuts and raisins in it and I really liked it and the bits on top that look like carrot shavings are (I think) white chocolate but dyed orange. They were sweet and tasty little additions. So overall I'm a fan, even though I liked the cake much better than the frosting. Plus in general I think it's nice to be able to eat a pretty healthy lunch followed by a cupcake or grab some to take back to the office.

I'm not much of a carrot cake fan but I decided to try it and I liked it. The cream cheese frosting was too much for me personally but again, I'm not a cream cheese frosting fan, but I think people who are will like it: it's somewhat thick and pretty sweet. The cake was moist and had nuts and raisins in it and I really liked it and the bits on top that look like carrot shavings are (I think) white chocolate but dyed orange. They were sweet and tasty little additions. So overall I'm a fan, even though I liked the cake much better than the frosting. Plus in general I think it's nice to be able to eat a pretty healthy lunch followed by a cupcake or grab some to take back to the office.

Comments