Unexpected cupcakes and cake pops and puppets at Stuyvesant Square Park in NYC by Double-D-Lish Cupcakes

I've said this before and surely will keep saying it: when you're a cupcake blogger, cupcakes show up everywhere. I was sitting enjoying a sunny few minutes in Stuyvesant Square Park, one of my favorites, at 15th/2nd in Manhattan, when I heard some sort of theater going on across the street in the other side of the park. No sooner did I enter the gates and...cupcakes! And cake pops! It was some kind of fundraiser, I think. I was too busy ogling the cupcakes, some of which were homemade (as were the cake pops) and some of which were by Double-D-Lish Cupcakes, who I'd never heard of but apparently sell their cupcakes at the Peter McManus Cafe window at 152 Seventh Avenue at 19th Street in NYC. You can also follow them on Facebook and Twitter. They can be reached at eileen at double-d-lish.com or 917-763-7493.


from the Double-D-Lish Cupcakes site




cupcakes by Double-D-Lish Cupcakes

Of the Double-D-Lish cupcakes, I bought the chocolate peanut butter and sour cherry mini cupcakes, $2 each. The peanut butter frosting was delicious, exactly what I like about peanut butter frosting - it had the saltiness of peanut butter, plus the cuteness and added texture/chocolateyness of the chocolate chips, and the cake was moist, delicious and I think had chocolate chips in it. The sour cherry frosting was also wonderful, because I like a little tartness, but it was also sweet. I'd definitely try them again!


what I bought: red velvet cake pop, chocolate peanut butter cupcake, sour cherry cupcake

The cake pops were made by a woman working the booth, who told me they're harder than they look to make. I loved the cake pop - the red velvet was recommended by the woman who made them, and while I'm not sure the consistency would've worked in a cupcake, it was very moist, almost wet and mushy, but in a good way. (Note: I don't consider myself a foodie because I can't think of a better way to describe that.) The chocolate coating wasn't too thick and worked well with the red velvet. These were fun and colorful and offered a few bites, the perfect size.

Homemade cupcakes:








Not cupcakes, but this was the puppet theater I'd heard going on. Glad I did!

Speaking of parks, another reminder, New Yorkers and visitors: Our 4th annual Central Park Cupcake Picnic is in 2 weeks, June 18th, and in one week, Saturday, June 11th, it's TechMUNCH Food Blogger Conference, which is not specifically about cupcakes, but I'm sure is of interest to many of you, and Nichelle is helping organize it. We're waiting for confirmation to announce our July events, so stay tuned, and if you're in NYC, join our meetup group!

Comments