Cupcake Inspiration In Montreal

Montreal Day 1


Question: Is this a cupcake?
One: It's  a cake. Check.
Two: It was baked in a muffin/cupcake pan. Check.
Three: It doesn't have frosting but fleur de sel sprinkled on top. Maybe? Yes! Check.
Four: It was not named cupcake on the menu, but I don't care.

On my first day in Montreal, I had dinner at La Piazzetta in the Village and had this for dessert. It was delicious and  it inspired.  This a good way to have a chocolate cupcake in hot weather and not worry about frosting and with yummy caramel oozing from the first bite, it is a sexy cupcake. I actually sighed when I tasted it.

Montreal Day 1

Comments

Cupcake Wrap Up said…
Yum! This reminds me of those wonderfully gooey chocolate lava cakes. They are usually so decadent that I can barely eat a whole one. Maybe I should try to make a chocolate lava cupcake!
Unknown said…
That's called a coulant and it's actually yummie! It is a french recipe from what I know.. :)