Vegan s'mores cupcakes with double the marshmallow and chocolate curls on top

If you've been reading this blog for even a month you know that I have a weakness for all things s'mores. All things marshmallow, really, but I love s'mores and I do see a fair number of s'mores cupcakes online but I don't encounter them very often in my cupcake tastings, and I think more bakeries should offer s'mores cupcakes. These look amazing. And they're vegan! And mini - though they look bigger than what I think of as "mini" but that could be the angle of the photo. That just means if they were in front of me I wouldn't feel as bad about eating 5. Or all of them. They're by Angel Cakes in San Francisco (via Flickr), and you can get more info on them in this blog post which I will also quote for you:

First up, s'mores. I've been wanting to do them for a while and had been debating - chocolate cupcakes with icing and graham cracker topping? Or graham flavored cupcake, maybe with a chocolate ganache (to mimic the melty chocolate of smores) plus frosting? I *know* - really important questions, right?

Well since the other flavor I was doing was fruit, i wanted one with a dominant chocolate flavor, so I took a dark chocolate vegan mini cupcake with a vegan vanilla buttercream, a piece of graham cracker, and a dark chocolate curl. I am very happy the way they turned out - very modern. They were quite popular, and a number of people commented that they liked the crunch of the graham cracker. I'll definitely try the reverse, because the idea of a dark chocolate ganache is so tempting!




And the fruit cupcakes referred to are strawberry balsamic cupcakes:



Want your own? Call or 510-910-5627 or email info at angelcakessf.com to place an order!

Comments

Jenna Nelson said…
These look yummy. Did the baker use vegan marshmallows? Typically marshmallows aren't vegan.
Jenna Nelson said…
Strawberry balsamic - very interesting and cool!