I'm an official Retro Bakery cupcake fan, especially the butterscotch hi hat

This weekend I was given a wonderful gift of a delivery of cupcakes from Retro Bakery in Las Vegas! I had a fabulous time in Vegas (shoutout to the Flamingo Hotel) and hope to return, and these cupcakes were a highlight of my trip. I was very excited to try their butterscotch hi hat cupcake and wouldn't you know, of the dozen I tried, that was my absolute favorite, followed by a tie between Peanut Butter Cup and Mint Chocolate chip. Their September cupcake of the month, spicy pumpkin, which features cinnamon spice cake with pumpkin pie buttercream, cake was a bit spicy, which I found a bit too spicy, but I'm not a carrot cake afficionado. All of them were delicious, moist and interesting. The coffee frosting on the coffee and donuts cupcake was amazing; think coffee ice cream, which I liked even before I started drinking coffee, in frosting form. It was a strong flavor, complemented the donut well, and was sweet and wonderful.

So a big THANK YOU to Retro Bakery, especially Kari Haskell - these were even better than all the years I've spent lusting after them from afar.

I highly recommend them; their delivery fee is $20 to the Las Vegas Strip.

Some of my photos:







butterscotch hi hat cupcake (my favorite) - so buttery and rich and the shell wasn't hard but soft, and melted in my mouth. I could eat this cupcake if not every day, very close to it.








mint chocolate chip cupcake



spicy pumpkin cupcake



milk and cookies cupcake



coffee and donuts cupcake - there was much debate amongst my friends over which cupcake this was!



Peanut Butter Cup cupcake





Chocolate Fountain: chocolate cake plus chocolate buttercream plus chocolate ganache!



Red, white and blueberry


Click here to see all their flavors.

Retro Bakery
7785 N. Durango Dr. #130
Las Vegas, NV 89131
95 N Freeway/Durango Dr.
702-586-3740
retrobakery at hotmail.com
www.retrobakerylv.com
Facebook
Flickr
@retrobakery on Twitter

Comments

Nichelle Stephens said…
The butterscotch is so good. I had one last year when I was in Vegas for BlogWorld.
Betsy Eves - @JavaCupcake said…
Retro is my FAVORITE!!! <3
Calogero Mira said…
They are nice, thanks.
cupcakedesign said…
I'm eating the butterscotch cupcake with my eyes