Report on tie-dye She's the First celebration at Molly's Cupcakes

Last night I stopped by Molly's Cupcakes in Greenwich Village for the She's The First second anniversary celebration, which featured special one-night-only tie-dye cupcakes. They were available with either chocolate or vanilla frosting and were very interesting; I can't think of how to describe the cake other than colorful, sweet and wet. By "wet" I mean moist the way cakes drenched in syrup are, but not sticky, but definitely a little different than the norm. The frosting was good, not too rich or overly sweet, a basic chocolate, but the cake was really fun to eat with all the different colors. The event was packed, and there was even a woman greeting people in a cupcake costume! Get more information at shesthefirst.org and mollyscupcakes.com. And sorry for any formatting weirdness; I'm getting used to the new blogger.


























these weren't vegan cupcakes but I liked this sticker




cupcake costume!

Comments

Joyfull4444 said…
Being a long ago flower child, I love tie dye everything, including tie dye cakes and cuppies! I've made more than a few, with the last one being for my youngest granddaughters 6th.

I made sure the colors were cheerful and bright, no gloomy darks, and thought for sure the cake would be a big hit when it was cut into.
Alas, once the first slice was made, all the little girls at the party who were expecting a princess pink colored cake, went ewwww, what's wrong with the cake?!?!!

One little girl who had recently arrived from another country, was close to tears, saying over and over, omg, omg, what is that? What's wrong with it? Why is it like that?

Needless to say, only a teeny smittence of the tie dye cake was eaten, and my granddaughters cake for this Dec. will be colored princess pink. *sigh*