Merry Christmas! Catherine Martin at Community Kitchen made this Christmas cookie cupcake and shares her sugar cookie cupcake, buttercream frosting and cookie recipes. She writes:
The recipe I looked at was essentially just a recipe for sugar cookies, so I decided to combine a cookie recipe with some extra liquid to make the dough into batter. To mimic the delicious taste of frosted cookies, I topped the cakes with a vanilla buttercream – dyed red and green, of course.
The cupcakes taste just like the cookies of my childhood, but I wasn’t done there. I was in the spirit, and I wanted to top the red and green frosted cupcakes with an actual cookie.
The recipe I looked at was essentially just a recipe for sugar cookies, so I decided to combine a cookie recipe with some extra liquid to make the dough into batter. To mimic the delicious taste of frosted cookies, I topped the cakes with a vanilla buttercream – dyed red and green, of course.
The cupcakes taste just like the cookies of my childhood, but I wasn’t done there. I was in the spirit, and I wanted to top the red and green frosted cupcakes with an actual cookie.
Comments