Peanut butter butterscotch chocolate cupcakes at sugar Sweet sunshine are delicious

I stopped in at this blog's inspiration (can you believe they opened back in 2002? A lifetime in cupcake years!), sugar Sweet sunshine (that's the official spelling, and I've never asked them exactly why) on the Lower East Side, yesterday, to treat some friends who were in from out of town to cupcakes. I was excited to see a new (to me) flavor: peanut butter butterscotch frosting on chocolate cake! It was delicious, and very different from their peanut butter frosting (which they sell on chocolate cake). They also had boxes of a dozen mini cupcakes to go. I bought a coconut meringue cupcake and a peanut butter butterscotch (total bargain price, for New York City or anywhere, at $1.75 each!) and was extremely happy with both.

We'd just eaten a fairly big lunch and one of the things I love about Sugar Sweet Sunshine is that their cupcakes are delicious but light; you don't feel like a bomb went off in your stomach after you've eaten them. It's also a fabulous bakery to just sit and people watch and hang out; super cozy and homespun, with art on the walls. And pudding! They told me that pudding and cupcakes are neck and neck in sales. I wonder what would happen if you put pudding on a cupcake? Or otherwise combined them. Maybe I'll stop back in soon and find out.

Check them out at 94 Rivington Street, at sugarsweetsunshine.com and on Facebook! Call them at 212-995-1960 for custom orders.


coconut and peanut butter butterscotch cupcakes

And look what I found on Facebook: Happy 2012 cupcakes!



Comments