The owl cupcake Oreo eyes have it

I have a feeling owls are right up there with dogs as the Animal Most Often Made in Cupcake Form. What do you think? These wide-eyed Oreo owl cupcakes are by blogger Food Snots, where you can get the recipe. Is it just me, or do each of them seem to have a slightly different expression on their faces? I have such a weakness for any kind of animal cupcake; there's something about them that just makes me smile, and I needed a smile. Via Flickr. From the post:

I used my Death By Oreo Cupcake recipe for the base, cause being that you decorate the cupcakes with Oreo's, I just though it all went well together. The frosting is a little finicky, just a heads up. I had to add additional powdered sugar, and then refrigerate it to finally get it to be the consistency I wanted. I also added that as a note at the end of the recipe, but if you do need to add extra sugar to thicken your frosting, I wouldn't add more then 2 cups. At that point throw it in the fridge and see if it helps it to set. Other then that, these cupcakes are a little tedious, but so worth the work, and turn out so stinking cute. Enjoy!!

Comments

Ms Jelena said…
That's too cute!