2011 was a big year for Cupcakes Take The Cake and here are the top ten posts of the year.
10. Cupcake on top of cake pop cake pop by Lollicake Bake Shop. I met the owner Kerry this past fall. Unfortunately, she's closing her business.
Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes. Over the years, we have notice that cupcakes are really fun for St. Patrick's Day, and that cupcakes inspired by cocktails are growing in popularity.
8. Starlight Mint Cupcakes and more. These cupcakes were made by Alan Richardson and Karen Tack who will be joining us on the Cupcake Cruise. They also have a new book, 'Cupcakes, Cookies, Pies, Oh My', that is coming out on January 31, 2012.
7. Father's Day Cupcake From Sublime. Pretzels on cupcakes are great because they add crunch and a touch of saltiness to go with the sweetness of the frosting. This limited edition cupcake is a chocolate cupcake with caramel buttercream, salty crushed pretzels and caramel drizzle.
6. Strawberry Santa Hat Cupcakes. Supercute and healthy, these holiday cupcakes are easy to make.
5. Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes. Back in April, our readers loved these cupcakes which are great for Easter.
4. Princess Beatrice's Hat Cupcakes. After the Royal Wedding, German bakery, Wir Machen, made cupcakes inspired by the sartorially-challenged hat.
3. Angry Birds Cupcake Toppers. Angry Birds is one of the most popular mobile games, and so are Angry Bird cupcakes. This is the third most popular blog post in 2011.
2. Little Fish Cupcakes and More. Mommy Makes A Cake made these cupcakes which are great for kids' parties.
1. Drum roll, please! The most popular Cupcakes Take The Cake blog post is this. Watermelon Cake Pops by Natalie Cake Pops in Littleton, Colorado.
Thanks for reading Cupcakes Take The Cake and Happy New Year!