As some of you may know, I recently visited Venice, Italy for a vacation with my family. Unfortunately, while I was there I did not find any cupcakes. (Although when I was in Zurich, I had a cupcake at the Starbucks!)
Anyways... so no cupcakes in Venice, BUT I did find LOTS of delicious liquors that I could mix into cupcakes! I brought home a big bottle of Lemoncino... but you might know it better as Lemoncello. It's bright yellow liquor that's full of tart, lemon flavor! PERFECT for a cupcake!
So yesterday, I came up with what I think is my new favorite summertime cupcake! It combines lemons and raspberries with the Lemoncino liquor into a delicious cupcake treat!
So I made a Lemoncino cupcake and topped it with a raspberry buttercream. Then I topped the buttercream with a homemade candied lemon zest and a fresh raspberry.
To. Die. For. I only made a dozen and they're already half gone. They really are that good.
To learn how to make these check out JavaCupcake for the full recipe and lots more pictures!
![]() |
| Lemoncino Raspberry Cupcakes |

Comments