Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes from Sue George, owner of Harvard Sweet Boutique Chocolate cupcakes, filled with chocolate chip cookie dough (minus the eggs!), topped with vanilla buttercream and a homemade chocolate chip cookie! Yields: 13 cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vanilla Buttercream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (use your favorite recipe)
Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
1/2 cup European cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1 cup boiling water
1/3 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
- Add cocoa powder and espresso powder to boiling water and leave to cool
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt together
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer
- Add eggs, dry ingredients, and cocoa powder/ water mixture to the butter/sugar mixture
- Fill cupcake pans 3/4 of the way full and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely on cooling rack
- Combine flour, softened and cubed butter, dark brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a mixer and mix until dough forms.
- Add chocolate chips and buttercream to the dough and combine just until mixture holds together.