I just baked over the weekend and want to recommend some good baking practices.
- Read the recipe. Read it aloud. Read it to the end.
- Take butter out of the refrigerator to soften.
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Pre-heat oven.
- Use a timer.
- Have hot soapy dishwater ready to clean as you go.
- Put out a cooling rack and make sure oven mitts are quickly accessible.
- If you made any adjustments, additions, or substitutions to the recipe, take notes. Moleskine has just released a special dessert journal which includes a baker's glossary, a cake slicing guide, and a measures and conversions table.
- Lick the bowl.
- Have fun!