Rush to Sugar Rush in Kansas City

This was my second visit to Sugar Rush, located in Olathe, KS and I have to admit I was looking forward to it after my first visit over a year ago. I can't remember any specifics from that first visit, but it definitely gave me sweet dreams.
 
 
This time around, I tried White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Salted Caramel, Hot Fudge Sundae and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  They had a nice selection for late on a Sunday and all were presented well.  Some were a tad dry, but nothing truly failed to please.

 
My favorite by far was the Chocolate Salted Caramel!  The caramel icing was fluffy and not too sweet and when combined with a bite of the perfectly smooth chocolate ganache and a few fine salt crystals, the result was heavenly.  Tasting as many cupcakes as I do, I try only to have a few bites of any one cupcake, but I kept going back to this one, which is rare.
 
 
For the holidays, they also have the most adorable (if rather tasteless) tiny sugar cookies.  I just couldn't pass them up and after dunking them in my tea, they weren't half bad.

Comments