My dad bought strawberries a few days ago, and he mentioned that he almost bought the prepared strawberry glaze that is sold in the grocery store. I personally hate that stuff since it is tastes like artificial strawberries. I found an easy recipe for strawberry glaze online and made a small amount for myself. It is just strawberries, sugar and vanilla extract, and I added a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Coincidentally, I baked cupcakes on Saturday. They are actually Magdalenas, a Spanish breakfast muffin. The cupcakes are a light lemony cupcake with a tea-infused buttercream frosting. So with the homemade strawberry glaze and a cupcake, I made a strawberry shortcake just for me.
- One cupcake
- Extras (optional- see below)
- Make strawberry glaze (see recipe above)
- Have cupcakes on hand
- Place cupcake on its side
- Slice a cupcake in half horizontally like a bagel. Be careful with the frosting
- Scoop spoonful of strawberry glaze on bottom half.
- Flip top half with frosting over and place on top of strawberry glaze
- Add more strawberries on top